Friday, December 2, 2011

Field Trip Friday

Not so long ago, my dear sweet 2 year old decided she wasn't interested in taking a nap. I was deeply annoyed by her decision but was determined not to let it ruin my day. I loaded her up in the car and off we went to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts to check out a fabric exhibit.

The show is called Optical Effects: 1970s Printed Textiles and here are some highlights for those of you who aren't lucky enough to have this wonderful museum in your neighborhood ;) Please note that I took these photos without the benefit of a flash, which means the pics don't do the prints justice.



I should have just taken a nap...










This was my favorite print in the collection.


Delicious selvage

More delicious selvage

So there you have it. I hope you enjoyed the field trip. If you're in Minneapolis, MN the show runs until 2/26/2012. While this exhibit is small, the Minneapolis Institute of Arts is not to be missed!

-Annik

P.S. Dear sweet daughter passed out in the car on the way home. Figures!

1 comment:

  1. Those are some wonderful prints. Thanks for taking us on the field trip too. I'd love to have those patio's in my stash right now. I hopped over from the giveaway and am happy to have found your blog. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete