Saturday, April 14, 2012

Announcements

What a busy and exciting week! Here are the highlights:

1. Have you seen the blog Flax & Twine? You really should because it's gorgeous and the projects are so inspiring. Anne, the brainchild behind the blog, approached me recently about doing a guest post for her sew, you've always wanted to quilt series.


I'm honored and delighted to present my modern pin cushion tutorial, the second installment in the series. An enormous thanks to Anne for the invitation and opportunity to be guest on her fabulous blog!


I hope you'll check it out and make one of your own. And send me a photo if you do because I'd love to see it.


2. In my last post I hinted that I'm thinking about starting a new venture. This week I've been going through my fabric stash with the intent to sell some goodies to raise funds for said venture. I'll keep you posted as I get these fabrics and ribbons on my Etsy shop. Rare, hard to find Heather Ross and Amy Butler. Woohoo!


3. The penultimate post in the Four's a Charm series is almost done. How to make binding and sew it on your quilt instructions will be up this weekend. It's starting to look like a quilt, folks!


4. And last, but absolutely not least, my oldest child turned nine on Thursday. Where or where did nine years go? How did this happen? How did my little baby turn into this sports-loving, poetry-writing, math test acing, cooking show-watching young man?


Happy birthday to my sweet Alex.

Thanks for stopping :)

-Annik

2 comments: