Monday, May 2, 2011

A Mouthful Monday

I'm pleased to report that I finished Log Cabins for Japan quilt #8 yesterday. It's washed and dried and sitting on top of the stack with the rest of the quilts. This afternoon I'm packing up the kids and the quilts and we're off to FedEx to get these babies on their way!



Want to see what else I've been up to lately? Here's the laundry list (no dirty undies, I promise). A warning that we've had next to no sun for what feels likes months. Sadly, my photos are a bit blah.

ONE - A vendor apron for Melissa, creator and owner of Earth Grown Crayons. Do check out her shop. Her soy wax crayons are TO DIE FOR!


TWO - A baby shower gift for my friend, Rebecca, who's expecting baby #3 in about a month. She's having a home birth and I'm so excited for her. Two of my three children were born at home and it was amazing.  I promise not to get on my soap box right now, instead, I'll just share a few photos of the outfit I made for the baby girl on the way.


The tunic dress is an Ottobre Design magazine pattern from the 1/2009 issue. The leggings are also from Ottobre, but I don't know the date off hand. I'll look it up.

THREE -  I wrote a pin cushion pattern. Hooray! My first pattern. I'm not quite ready to release it yet, so this is all I'm sharing:


I've also been busy, busy working on not one, not two, but three quilt patterns that will be for sale as pdf files in my Etsy shop. I've very excited to show them to you, but I've got a ways to go until they're ready. I'll give you a hint, though. My new banner is a preview of one of the patterns.

That's all for today. Tomorrow I'm going to share the amazing giveaway prize I received all the way from the West Midlands. I can't wait to show you!

What have you been working on lately? Leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you.

-Annik



3 comments:

  1. That outfit is super duper cute! And the apron...and the quilts... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, Annik! Congrats on the quilts for Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sally in st. paulMay 2, 2011 at 10:06 PM

    wondeful. the black sashing was exactly what those blocks needed to sharpen them up. thanks.
    sally

    ReplyDelete