Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Autumn and a Return to the Sewing Room

It's been nearly two years since I posted a blog entry. I haven't been slacking off. I didn't lose interest in sewing or blogging. Life just got very complicated - and sad.

My father was diagnosed with cancer in January 2014. Despite incredible courage, strength, and grace, he succumbed to the disease almost exactly two years after receiving his diagnosis. I didn't do much sewing while he was sick. I often felt like I wasn't spending enough time with my dad or spending enough time with my husband and children. I opted for sleep rather than stitches. If you're part of the Sandwich Generation then you can no doubt relate.



As winter approaches, I feel the need to pull out patterns, pins, fabric, and scissors. To create clothes and quilts to keep loved ones warm. And hopefully to do some healing after a long journey that ended the way I had hoped and prayed it never would.

Please stay tuned for I have tips and tutorials to share. Thanks for being here.

Annik

32 comments:

  1. Yay yay yay!!! I'm so glad you're back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sympathies to you. You were wise to set aside some things in order to concentrate on your father, your family and caring for yourself. I hope that as you return to quilting and blogging, your soul will be nourished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss. I hope sewing will help some...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,
    Thank you so much for the post you do and also I like your post, Are you looking for buy golden teacher mushroom in the whole USA? We are providing buy golden teacher mushroom, changa, ayahuasca, ketamine, liberty caps, lsd liquids, lsd sheets, lsd vial, Buy Heroin Online, Buy magic truffles and our services are very fast.
    Click here for Contact +1 (716) 391-2476, Email: https://www.psychedelicspharm.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,
    Thank you so much for the post you do and also I like your post, Are you looking for Buy B+ Cubensis strain Online in the whole USA? We are providing legion carts ,derb and terpys ,martian rocks weed ,nova carts ,canna cavi moon rocks ,martian rocks weed where to buy ,derb and terpys wax ,mondo grow kit ,lemon og kush strain review ,cannacavi ,lemon diesel marijuana ,canna cavi ,runtz carts ,Buy Crack Cocaine ,Buy 2C-pink cocaine powder ,Buy Ecstasy Online ,B+ Cubensis strain ,Buy Colombian Cocaine ,Buy Cocaine Powder Online ,Sour Diesel Cannabis Oil ,Buy CBD Oil ,Buy White Widow ,Buy Kurupts Moonrock Online ,Buy Moonrock Online with the well price and our services are very fast.
    Click here for MORE DETAILS......
    CONTACT INFORMATION
    Webmail : info@marijuanacartsmarket.com
    Email : ballydgrp89@gmail.com
    Phone Number : +1(774) 371-0289‬

    ReplyDelete