Saturday, May 14, 2011

What a difference a year makes

Twitter and the blogosphere have been abuzz the last few days all about Spring 2011 International Quilt Market in Salt Lake City, Utah.

I attended Spring Market last year (my first ever) and I loved it! It was a glimpse into the world of all things textiles, sewing, and quilting and its many possibilities. I really needed some inspiration as I was beginning to feel burn out creeping up on me.

So, while I'm missing out on the fun in Salt Lake City, I'm delighted to be working on my first quilt pattern (with three more in the queue).  I've been sewing and writing all week. Once the pattern has been tested I'll have it available on my Etsy shop as a pdf file (not posting a link right now since my shop is essentially empty). I dying to show you the quilt tops I've pieced so far, but I'm going to keep them a secret until the pattern is completely finished. Here's a tiny sneak peek:



Have you had a transformative experience in your creative life? What do you do to avoid burn out? I'd love to hear about it!

Best wishes,
Annik

No comments:

Post a Comment