Thursday, February 21, 2013

Catching Up

[Cue sheepish wave] Hi. Remember me? I used to blog here, but eek,  it's been months since my last post. I have no excuse other than writer's block and a growing online fabric shop.

What have I been up to? Not much sewing or quilting, although I did manage to make a little ruffle skirt for my daughter for her 4th birthday.


I used fabrics from Denyse Schmidt's first line for Joann's for the ruffle skirts. The bow is the world's best dot fabric from Lecien, which you can find here in my shop. The pattern is called Rimpsukka and it's from the Winter 6/2011 issue of Ottobre Design.

Here's my girl at preschool on Valentine's Day sporting her new skirt:



The other thing I've been working on lately, between cutting fabric orders, is writing quilt patterns. I have one pattern in the testing phase, plus several more in progress. I'm anxious to show them all to you, but they just aren't quite ready yet. 

This quilt has been getting a lot of love on Pinterest lately, so I'm writing it up, too. I'll have the pdf pattern for sale in my Etsy shop soon. It's easy peasy.



Finally, I'm working on a new tutorial for the blog all about how to work with Riley Blake chevron fabrics, so stay tuned.



Snow is in the forecast this weekend and I can't wait. Here's a photo from our last snow fall on Valentine's Day. It was beyond gorgeous. My little camera just couldn't capture the magic so you'll just have to take my word for it ;)




Happy sewing!
-Annik


1 comment:

  1. good to hear from you annik! skirt is adorable!! i look at that snow and can't help but be happy to be here in Baltimore! xxoo

    ReplyDelete