Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Another W.I.P. Wednesday

Let's start with a finished product, shall we? It always feels so good to complete a quilt.

An original design featuring "Swanky" prints by Moda. Backing is a Happier print by Riley Blake Designs


I opted to machine bind this quilt. While I prefer the look of a hand bound quilt, sometime you do what you gotta do. Have you ever used Wash Away Wonder Tape double sided adhesive tape? I love the stuff. I stuck my binding in place on the back side of the quilt, then snapped on my handy dandy Janome "S" foot and stitched in the ditch along the binding seam on the top side. It literally took less than five minutes to complete


Here's another WIP I'm working on -


I picked this up panel along with a bundle of coordinating fat quarters at the Robert Kaufman Sample Spree table at Spring 2010 Quilt Market. I added the midnight blue Carolina Chambray border and dotty cornerstones just to give it a little something extra. Sadly, Treadle Yard Goods, informed me that Robert Kaufman has essentially discontinued the vast majority of Carolina Chambray. Stock up if you see any because it's absolutely wonderful.


Now that the quilting is done I hope to get the binding on before the end of the day, children permitting.

Here's my last sneak peek. It's Sherbet Pips!


Please let my package full of backing and binding arrive today. I've been waiting ever so patiently.

Happy sewing,
Annik

3 comments:

  1. Oh my!! I'm loving that swanky quilt. Fantastic colors! also, one of my WIPs is a little Oliver+s dress in that doggy print in gray. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic quilts there! I'll keep hold of your tip about the wash away wonder tape as I'm intending machine binding my next quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - what alot of beautiful wips. your workmanship looks impeccable! love the addition of the hand stitching on the panel quilt.

    ReplyDelete